Our Geogrid is made from a punched and drawn polypropylene netting (grid pattern) with square or rectangle openings. The standard width is 13.1’ wide, we have a variety of lengths, with custom widths available as well.
Our Geogrid products are primarily used to disperse wheel load over a large area of soft sub-grade soil in order to prevent rutting and potholes in the finished roadway.
- Base reinforcement grid in road construction.
- Reduces the amount of aggregate in a roadway section to obtain your desired load rating.
- Can be used as working platforms.
- Commonly used on:
- Paved highways, secondary roads, haul roads.
- Parking areas for commercial and industrial facilities.
- Airport runways and taxiways.
- Truck freight distribution centers and terminals.
- Heavily loaded equipment yards at port, rail, intermodal, and industrial facilities.
Who Uses Geogrid?
- Excavating contractors
- Utility contractors
Q: How much overlap does there need to be at seams?
A: Typically from 12” to 18”, but it could more depending on the CBR (California Bearing Ratio) value of the sub-grade soil.
Q: Can we drive directly on the Geogrid?
A: No, you want to push aggregate on it before you drive a loaded vehicle on it.
How to Install Geogrid
- Prep your sub-grade and lay down the Geogrid and pin it with sod staples.
- Push aggregate on Geogrid being careful to only drive on the aggregate.
Why Our Product is Better
Our Geogrid is made from a high quality, punched and drawn polypropylene grid. This polypropylene grid has a greater damage resistance during construction than our competitors.